Last revised: 22 May 2017
We may collect and process different types of personal data (i.e. any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person). Such personal data may include the following.
- Personal data you provide to us
Some of our services may require you to provide us with personal data. For example, we process your contact information, such as your address, location, Post code, email address and phone number when you create an account with us, when you leave an advertisement or when you comment on an item through our Site. In order to be able to use these services, you will be asked to provide a password and user identification. Depending on the services that you use, we may ask you to provide financial information and company information (such as company name and phone number). If you choose to place an advertisement through our Site or to provide feedback or send an email to us, we may keep a record of that posting or correspondence. Content you disclose when you place an advertisement, including the videos and images that you choose to add thereto, will naturally be available to the public.
- Personal data we automatically collect
We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser as well as through other analysis of the Sites. Such information may include your IP address, the pages you request, type of computer operating system you use (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the type of browser you use (e.g., Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer), information regarding your internet service provider, your activities while visiting the Site and the content you accessed. We gather such information through cookies and other web technologies.
- Personal data we receive from other sources
We may also receive information about you from other sources. For example, we may receive your personal data if you use any of the other (web) services we – or our affiliated companies – provide. Also, we may do business with third parties (like business partners or analytical providers), from which we may obtain your personal data. Please read the privacy notice available through these services / parties to learn more.
Purposes for which we collect, process and share your personal data
Generally, we may process your personal data we collect through this Site for the following purposes:
- to provide the products, services and information you request;
- to administer our business, including fulfilling and processing orders;
- to contact you, for example with information and notices related to your advertisements;
- to respond to your communications, and communicate with you about the Site and activities related to the Site;
- to validate your account and to update your account information;
- to confirm eligibility for the use of our services;
- to provide effective customer service and support;
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of the Site;
- to analyze trends and statistics and to monitor Site usage;
- to better understand your needs and preferences;
- to send you updates, announcements, newsletters and other marketing related information;
- to protect the Site, our legal rights or defend ourselves against legal claims;
- for any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our business or operations (including without limitation in connection with bankruptcy or any similar proceedings);
- to respond to court order or subpoena, to respond to any request by government, law enforcement or investigative authority;
- for other legitimate business purposes where permitted or required by applicable laws and regulations.
Disclosing and sharing your personal data
Controlling your personal data
Updates to your personal dataYou can request access to, and have the opportunity to update and amend your personal data, and you can exercise any other rights you enjoy under applicable data protection laws, by sending us an email at [email protected] For example, if your personal data such as your address changes, you may update such information previously provided at any time.
You may also have your personal profile data deleted from our database by sending us an email to [email protected] However, if you have your personal profile data deleted from our database, you may forfeit entrance rights to areas on the Site restricted to account members and certain benefits for account members.